Getting fit at home requires no equipment or a gym. You can really get a great workout without leaving the house. A lot of persons give up the idea of working out because they believe that they will have to join a gym or purchase heavy equipment to get into shape or build up their muscles. At home exercise is an excellent way to shape up without stepping foot in an actual weight room or fitness studio, you can do it in the comfort of your home in just 10 minutes or more. Here are some Stay-at- Home workout routines to get you in shape.
1. JUMPING JACKS
Also known as Side-Straddle Hop is a basic, cardiovascular exercise that can be done at home. This is a true total-body workout that involves your legs, core, cardiovascular system, and arms.
- Stand up straight; keep your arms at your side and legs together.
- Bend your knees slightly, jump a few inches off the ground.
- Lift your arms overhead. Repeat jumping jacks for 10 to 20 minutes.
2. PUSH UPS
This is a fast and effective way to strengthen the arm muscles and the chest. It can be done virtually anywhere and it doesn’t require any equipment.
- Get on the floor; position your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Extend your legs back, and position your feet to be close to each other.
- Keep your body in a flat plank, that is, in a straight line from head to toe.
- Bend your elbows and lower body toward the ground, ensuring that your elbows are at a 45-degree angle to your body and inhale slowly.
- Exhale as your raise yourself by pushing the floor away from you.
- Repeat the push-ups until you hit your maximum.
This is an extreme core exercise for abdominal muscles. It can be done anywhere. It is suitable for everyone.
- Lie down on your back on a mat, or thick towel.
- Bend your knees and position your feet hip width.
- Place your arms across your chest, engage your ab muscles and inhale.
- Gently lift your shoulder blades, neck and head off the mat, and hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Then slowly, in a steady motion lower yourself back down. Repeat for desired number of reps.
4. COBRA POSE
Cobra pose exercise is an easy but effective exercise that increases the mobility of spine, helps relieve back pain and as well strengthens spinal support muscles. It aids flexibility. Ultimately, it doesn’t require any equipment just a space where you can comfortably lie face down on the ground.
- Using a mat, lie down on your stomach with your head face down.
- Bend your elbows to pull your arms up against your body and beneath your shoulders,
- Lift your chest off the floor straightening your arms and raise your head and shoulders upward.
- Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Return yourself back down slowly.
5. WALL SIT
Wall sits exercise is totally different from every other exercise. It can be done anywhere so far as there is a wall to lean on. It helps to increase both your stamina and your physical performance, and of course increase your endurance and make you balance better.
- Stand with your back against a wall, move your feet about 2ft in front of you.
- Slide your back down, bending your knees like you’re sitting on a chair with your legs at 90 degrees.
- Hold the position for about 20 to 30 seconds.
6. V –UPS
V-ups exercise also known as Jackknife is an amazing exercise for building your core strength, balance, and coordination as well help you maintain good posture.
- Lie on your back and face up on a mat.
- Extend your arms straight behind your head with your palms facing up.
- Keep your legs straight with your feet close together and toes pointing up.
- Lift your legs together, up towards the ceiling slowly and at the same time raise your arms straight forward to create a V shape.
- Hold the V-shaped position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Return your arms, and legs back to the straight, and extended positions.
- Repeat exercise has much number of sets you want.
Ultimately, you can have a perfect workout routine to stay fit without equipment provided you put a little time and effort into it. It is just as effective as gym workout; it solely depends on the individual.