What are flabby Arms?
Flabby arms are also called “ARM FAT” or “BAT WING ARMS”. They certainly occur as a result of excess fat deposition. Basically, more fats are stored in the arms than other areas, especially when you are overweight.
AGING is another cause of flabby arms. Unfortunately, you can’t change your age but sure can reduce arm flab by losing weight. As you grow older, the collagen in our body is lost. Collagen, which is the main structural protein in our body helps to sustain the structure of our tendons, skin and cartilage, by providing elasticity and firmness in our skin. Once the collagen disappears, the skin will become loose resulting in flabby arms. In addition, metabolic rate decreases and fewer calories are burned when we age.
Here are a few exercises to get rid of flabby arms.
1. PUSH UPS
- Position yourself in a plank position, with your arms on the mat and your toes backwards in a straight line.
- Breath in and lower yourself way down until your chest is almost touching the mat.
- Breath out and push your body upward to the plank position.
- Repeat steps for 20 times.
2. STANDING ARM CIRCLES
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms to the sides parallel to the floor.
- While focusing on your shoulders, rotate your arms slowly in a small circular motion. Gradually, increase the size of the circular motion, until you feel a stretch in your triceps.
- Reverse the step in a backward rotation.
- Repeat steps for 10 times
3. TRICEPS DIPS
Triceps dips is a routine of placing your arms on a chair or bench and elevating your feet.
- Place your arm, and firmly grip the edge of the bench or chair, with your fingers facing downwards.
- Elevate your feet straight.
- Slowly lower yourself with your body kept upright and your elbow, tucked close to your sides.
- Push your body back up.
- Repeat this up and down motion steps for 10 times.
4. KNEE PUSH-UPS
- Position yourself in a push up position on a mat.
- Place your knees on the mat.
- Keep your back straight, place your arms on the floor and bend your elbow until your chest is almost touching the mat.
- Use your arms to do the push up, ensure that your feet do not touch the mat.
- Repeat steps for 10 times.
- Sit on the mat with your legs crossed to each other.
- Extend your arms over your head to the other side for 5 minutes.
- Return your arms and repeat steps with the other arms.
- Repeat steps for 20 minutes.
If you adhere to this steps consistently, you will be able to get rid of flabby arms. In other words, you can eventually say goodbye to flabby arms and have a natural toned physique.